Saturday, September 5, 2009

Full Moon

The Moon has just passed its fullness, an event in the calander that I always enjoy. Maybe enjoy is not the word, more like absorb. Yes absorb, I absorb the full moon as she passes yet again. There is no other event like it. On the night she rises full, early in the evening there is still light from the day playing on the hill tops and with the setting sun splashing gold and pink on the western horizon and a full bright moon rising statley over the eastern horizon this evening is like no other. It is the time when the soveriegn of the day and the queen of the night pause for a few moments at the passing of the baton as if chatting over a cuppa as they check in with each other on the health and wellbeing of their respective realms.
A clear sky on the full moon is a splendid thing to behold. Silvered light brings a new perspective to well known landscapes. It is indeed a night to wander or to ride as I once did absorbing the peace and wisdom of the shadowed world. The moon is a special friend to me and not many nights pass that I don't acknowledge her presence with a few words of tenderness and she mine. I sleep with the curtains open to allow her to caress me in my sleep and to let her light regulate my body's sleep patterns.
To lie on the ground under a full moon is to experience oneness on a new level. As it is to wake before dawn and watch her slow desent to the western hills, like a late night dancer giving her last performance, suddenly lit afresh with the first rays of the rising sun. A flirtatious blush of pink at the door and then the day, cool and stabilising.
One cannot ever be alone, no-matter where you are, when the moon is your friend.

MOONSHINE

Moonshine rides with me
When all is dark and quiet and mortals sleep
Her soft radiance chases me
As through the trees we gallop and leap
Shrouded oft’ in dark clouds
Or waned
I wait!
For I know, a firm belief
That she will rise
Full, radiant in joyful expression
Over the horizon of her dreams
To conquer darkness and give light
To those who shelter
In forgotten corners of gloom
For moonshines beams of light
Are reflections only of the son
Her fullness dependent upon
Her face being turned to him
We are free of the restraints of day
And strengthened for the trials we face
When we gallop carefree through
The silvered shadows that are
Moonshine and me

Copyright: PG Wilson


Awaken

Pink blushes of early dawn
Grace the mists drifting over the smile of my lover
Serene above the snow draped mountain
Suddenly, in full wakefullness, I rouse
To the lingering touch of her perfume.

Copyright: PG Wilson.

This is the view over the top of my PC screen as I write this. The sun is beginning to cast its shadows in the folds of the land and as the moon rises in a few hours time the shadows will fall in the other direction with a softer mellower light.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our friends- please share with us your thoughts and words too. We welcome hearing from you and your unique insights.With love ..Greg and Tammy